Saturday, May 22, 2010

Belonging

Have you ever heard the song, You belong to me by Grey Holiday? It's a song that depicts Jesus singing.It talks about the healing love that only He offers to us if we only return to Him as we only belong to Him.
When we finally realize that we belong only to Him, we find home. We find peace. We find hope. But the one thing we are always looking for is, is love and yes, it's right there! It has never changed, as He never changes.
James 1:17 says:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
You see we are always filling up our lives with things that we "love" and never truly finding fulfillment. Once we realize that one thing isnt fulfilling anymore, we move on to the next, and to the next and to the next. You get the picture. I can honestly say that I have never met a person that has found something, (other then God) to be completely fulfilling that they dont need anything else.Can you?
When I came to this realization, I have found that God only wants me to return to Him as I am not fulfilling His will for my life. His will for me is this; To encourage others, maybe through a devotional, maybe through a personal conversation. I know this to be His will because when I share Gods love I am completely fulfilled. When I share God's love, when I give a hug, a small word of encouragement, a smile, or even laughter, I am so completely filled up with Gods love I cant help but share it.
I still cant figure out why I ever looked anywhere else....can you? I am grateful I know right where I belong.

Let's pray:
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for Your fulfilling Love , I may not always look to You to fulfill me as I should, but I know I can always come back to you and You God will fill me up with Your love and light. Thank you Lord for always receiving me back with open arms and the grace that only You can give. In Jesus' Name Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the song if your interested in listening to it;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUojCi8SXFI&a=DBhYtyemOiU&playnext_from=ML

    ReplyDelete