Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Questions We need to ask our husbands Part 2

Yes I know this should of iimmediately followed the first one, but.......the very next day came and I was sitting in Bible Study and i receive a text message from my husband, whom has been working out of town for the last few weeks. He tells me he has been thinking more about the question I asked him and that there is one thing he would like to change about me. Oh dear I thought , what did I do that his mind would be changed in the course of one single day!!!As you may recall, he did not wish to change a thing about me. That I was who God created me to be.. Well almost! See I have two sons, but George is not their biological father, but he is defiantly their dad, and so wishes to have another one (clears throat) a girl to be exact! He does not have any children of his own and so wishes to experience that with me.
Here's the catch. I had decided 11 years ago to be exact to have a tubal ligation. At that time and even at times today, I did not want to bring another child into this sinful world. As I look around me , I see what we as humans have created. God gave me a spirit of discernment and to really see what this world is scares me.
So with my soul bared, I must say this is a daunting decision for me. I have prayed about it for the last 2 years but never seemed to be able to totally let go of it and let God help us with this decision. And I do mean every part of it. Financially, physically, mentally, everything. So with the help of a wonderful friend through prayer I am beginning to do just that...letting go, and trusting God with all our hopes and dreams.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray that you will both "Be still ..." and experience the plans that God has for you and your family. You are a faithful child of his and he will bless you abundantly Sarah!

    ReplyDelete