Friday, April 24, 2009

Be Still

So here I am and it's Friday....yay!!! Made it another week in the grind of our daily working lives. As I was just about to add a friend to my blog (with pointer ready to click) the electricity goes out......I thought for sure I clicked on something I shouldnt have and caused half of Scottsdale to lose power! But I am fortunante that I do not have that kind of control!
I think it would happen more often then not if I did. Its amazing how quiet everything gets when we lose power. Not a whir from the computers, no phone calls coming in, not even a car drove by it seemed. I can say that it was the most quiet I have experienced in my waking life in quit some time. How easily we forget what its like to just be still.
This brings me back to :Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
As I sat here and thought about this, I realize how often we get wrapped up in our own lives and pay no attention to what God is doing around us and for us. God gives us these little oppurtunities to just stop and be still and reflect on Who God is for us personally and what He is doing presently....
So the next time the power goes out remember to....Be still, and know that He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment